Alterable parameters

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fastscot, Member

In a linked report with a parameter passed from the calling report, I would like to be able to change the parameter before the linked (called) report runs. Is there a way I can do this? For now, the linked report runs automatically without seeing the parameter value.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you elaborate bit what you are trying to do. What do mean by "change the parameter"?

--
    myDBR Team

3. fastscot, Member

When you run a linked report from the calling report with a parameter which is from the calling report, the linked report runs immediately. Instead of that behavior, I would like the parameter from the calling report to be displayed in a user input box before the linked report runs so that I could change the parameter value if needed. This would bring the mydbr reporting system to a new level of interactivity where users could effectively change existing data in the database using update statement(s) in the stored procedure. Existing data fields could be displayed in user input parameter boxes and then altered as required. Hope this clarifies a bit.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, this feature has actually already been in the TODO-list.

--
    myDBR Team

5. fastscot, Member

Excellent! When will it be available?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

No fixed timetable yet, but it will be in.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.