Few Questions Regarding Functionality

(6 posts) (3 voices)
  1. MainMeat, Member

Hy MyDBR,

I am new to MyDBR and have successfully installed and looked at the features available - rather impressive to say the least!

Some items that I was not able to find using a community license is the following:
    1) Download / export reports in PDF format - is this possible?
    2) Print a report - Is there a feature to print a report?
    3) Scheduling of reports - Does a feature exist where a report can be run automatically at a fixed time schedule, say 06:00 every morning?
    4) Storing reports - Once a report is run, does the functionality exists to retrieve it later again?
    5) I note when export / downloading reports in CSV format, that the report does not include all the nice colors, headers and so on - it only contains the data (hence item 1 above)

Much appreciated if any of the above functionality can be confirmed?

Best Regards!

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    glad you like myDBR.

1) Download / export reports in PDF format - is this possible?

2) Print a report - Is there a feature to print a report?

We have a much improved export functionality in works for the next version. Targeting to have native xls, xlsx, pdf and csv-exports onboard. This will also add options how to see / print reports.

3) Scheduling of reports - Does a feature exist where a report can be run automatically at a fixed time schedule, say 06:00 every morning?

Since you can access the reports via an URL, you are be able to script fixed time schedule for reports quite easily. You just have to decide where to put the output. myDBR offers some options foir this (web, mail, sms),

4) Storing reports - Once a report is run, does the functionality exists to retrieve it later again?

Simply access the same URL again.

5) I note when export / downloading reports in CSV format, that the report does not include all the nice colors, headers and so on - it only contains the data (hence item 1 above)

You can do quite complex formatting with myDBR's reports. The export format really determines what features can be carried over.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Hi
    I would like to get some more details/example on how to email a report pdf as an attachment.

Do I have to have a separate report procedure that is a duplicate just for scheduling to pdf?

Thanks in advance.
    Mark

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    sending reports as PDF attachments is not yet supported. You can however email the report content in email directly. We can take a look if we can improve on this.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Ok can you provide me some send me some details on workflow on how this would be done?

Mark

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

See the mail-commands from the documentation.

http://mydbr.com/doc/?extensions.mail.html

We'll have the ability to mail PDF reports in next version. Feature has been accepted.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.