Proxy Server passthrough

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. I'm trying to expose my reports through a proxy server and I'm getting the following when I try to log in.

Problem with configuration.
    Cause: Cookies cannot be accessed
    Suggestion: Check that your cookies are enabled and that the server session path is valid

Any ideas?

Jim

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR should work just fine through a proxy.

First thing to check is that the client browser is allowed to store cookies. myDBR uses cookies to store the session data from the server. For some reason your cookie either cannot be saved (or the server cannot store sessions).

Can you try to access the server using the same client without the proxy to see if it is the proxy or the browser settings that is causing you the problem.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Sorry, been busy.

What I did was try it on my machine on my side of the firewall. It works fine. Then on my machine again, I used the proxy and got that error. I should have explained that the first time. I get the login screen, but after putting in my credentials and clicking login, I get the error.

Jim

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

What kind of proxy server do you use? Please make sure the cookie header is returned from the server.

myDBR uses cookie named mydbr-id. Delete the cookie and try to access the server through the proxy and see if the cookie is created for you. If not, please see your proxy settings.

--
    myDBR Team

5. To conclude this, I found that I needed to have ioncube with a reverse as well. All is good.

Thanks for the help and keep up the great work...love your product.

Jim

You must log in to post.