Want to create report's project in different folders

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Mohit, Member

I have a report named as MohitTests, In this report I have 300 projects, some are related to test1, some are from loadTest etc.
    I want to move all these projects to different - different Categories or folder like, there should be a Category named as test1, which should consist of test1 projects of the report, same there should be another folder loadTest which should consist all the projects related to lodaTest.
    I searched a lot but didn't find any right solution.

Another question is that I am not able to see "=>" sign to open the reports. Earlier it was showing. Now I am not able to open these reports.

Thanks in advance, please reply fast.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Not really sure if we understood the question correctly, but if you want to have a different reports showing different dataset (one for where project="loadTest", one for where project="test1"), you can do separate report for these

If you want to share same report logic with all different reports, create a procedure which shows the content and for this procedure add a parameter "project" which you pass to it from different reports in different report categories.

Another question is that I am not able to see "=>" sign to open the reports. Earlier it was showing. Now I am not able to open these reports.

What is the "=>" sign you are referring to? Where do you expect to see one? In main window where reports are shown or in your report?

--
    myDBR Team

3. Mohit, Member

No, I didn't ask this question, let me elaborate it.

http://s14.postimg.org/7zeiv321t/Screen_shot_2013_09_17_at_10_45_12_PM.png

Please consider the attached image, this is a screen shot of report "MyTest".(When I clicked on MyReport, I saw that UI on browser.)
    Now here you can see there are ID's 1953, 1952, 1951 and 1950 related to project Demo, Test1, Test2 and Test1.

Now I want to seperate all these projects , like there should be only one report which should consist the project Demo, one report should consist Test2 and other should consist Test1(It should have 2 project entries.).

Hopefully I explained well.

Now coming to my second question, earlier I was able to see the
    http://s11.postimg.org/i4h1bm8tb/Screen_shot_2013_09_17_at_11_02_01_PM.png (picture link)
    after edit column, but now It has been gone , I am not able to see this, By clicking on this I was able to select Summary Report, but now I am unable to see reports.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    still trying to understand what you are trying to do. If you want to separate lines from your report based on a column (Project in this case), you add a where condition which will tell which lines are you interested of:

select ...your columnlist...
    from mydata
    where Project='Demo'

would return one row with ID 1953 and respectively:

select ...your columnlist...
    from mydata
    where Project='Test1'

would return 2 rows with ID's 1952 and 1950.

The "=>" arrow image in the row represents a linked report. In your case the "Summary Report" was linked to a report row. If you do not see it anymore, the linking has been removed from report code or you do no longer have privileges to "Summary Report".

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.