Problems installing ionCube!

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fib, Member

Hello,

I have just installed Xampp for Windows 1.7.3, as the web server I will be using to install myDBR, Xampp is working OK.

After that I have uploaded the ioncube loader wizard on my root web directory, which is xampp/htdocs. When I run the loader-wizard.php in the browser, I get PHP code in the browser, while I should be getting some steps to follow to install the loader. I checked the index.php file in the same directory and it is showing the same thing - PHP code. I do not have any PHP experience at all, if it requires any.

Isn't it that the wizard, will do the installation automatically? And for this I chose it, but it is not running of rme for some reason. I have restarted the server and the browser thinking it may produce some change, but nothing happened. Why the wizard is not running? All I want is to get the installation of the ionCube PHP loader to be installed right to start installing myDBR?

I use windows 7, and it 64bit system, I also, use Chrome browser if that helps in any way.

Which one of the following shall I select to install, if the wizard will not work? And shall I just hit the installer close to it?

Windows VC6 (x86)
    Windows VC6 (Non-TS) (x86)
    Windows VC9 (x86)
    Windows VC9 (Non-TS) (x86)

Thanks for your patience with me, it is confusing some how for me.

Appreciate your help indeed.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

First of all, try to get your php working. If you see php source code instead of the php output you might want to check couple of things:

1) Make sure you access the php file through your web server (access the file using http://localhost/...) instead of a file (file://...)
    2) If you still have problems, make sure php5 is enabled in Apache config (look for LoadModule php5_module)

After you have the php working, myDBR install wizard should give you detailed instructions to install ionCube.

--
    myDBR Team

3. fib, Member

Appreciate your help indeed,

I have tried 1) as you said, and the php output still not running.

I want to try 2) but I have no idea how to do this, can you explain in details please, Where shall I search check whether php5 is enabled in Apache config? I searched in the folders wheer Xampp is installed and in Apache control panel as well, but found nothing! can you please explain this more.

Will follow your instructions until installing myDBR successfully.

Thank you very much for your help indeed.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

There are also some older ionCube loader-wizard.php scripts that may give you errors. Simply install myDBR and point your browser to the myDBR installation. If your ionCube is not installed, myDBR's install wizard will give you detailed instructions how to install one.

If your PHP is not working at all, please see Xampp documentation or use Xampp forums for further details.

--
    myDBR Team

5. fib, Member

Thank you very much for this, I have managed to run the mydbr Wizard and the ionCube installed successfully.

The problem I am stuck at is, I am in the interface that says:

"MyDBR - Installation"
    Report database Setup

I am having problems with the user name and the password, I understand these are the credentials that will allow me to access myDBR application over the web server.

I have tried creating a user but it is not accepting it at all, with different names/passwords but no luck!

Under database I have put mydbr (although I wish to try mydbr on a data base I have which I have not copied to the root of my web server )and my web server is localhost.

What do I need to pass this satage and get myDBR installed right, please?

thanks a lot

6. fib, Member

Please ignore the previous issue, as I have realised that the password for mysql in Xampp was set to empty, so I have modified it from the security console. I have installed myDBR successfully. thanks a lot

You must log in to post.