Changing default database

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fib, Member

Hello,

I have installed myDBR, directing to the default myDBR database. I need to change this data base please to another one which lies on a public web server and I have a access to it as a 'read only user'

How can I change to my desired database? Can you describe in details please, It is mentioned in the help that I need to run the database installation script, I was not able to find this at all.

Appreciate your guidance

Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    you can change the myDBR database from the 'Environment settings'. Click 'Environment settings' from the main view and under 'Report Database Setup' click 're-run installation'. You will be asked the database connection details. After this myDBR will handle the installation for you.

--
    myDBR Team

3. fib, Member

Hi,

Just started doing what you advices me to do, and I am getting this:

"Database (path of the data base on the public domain) not found.
    To create the database issue command below and click Retry

mysql> CREATE DATABASE (name);

or let us create (name of database) database for you and click Create Database"

What is stopping me, is that I do not require the database to be created, as it is created and lies on the public domain, and I only have credentials to access it as a 'read only user'. So I do not know exactly what to do here.

Thanks very much

4. fib, Member

Hello,

I have proceeded with the instructions to create a database and got the Checking database connection OK and Checking database version OK as well, but got this 'to do' message:

Could not create the database, please ensure that the user has sufficient privileges
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'the data base host name character set 'utf8'' at line 1

What does that mean please! and what shall I do?

Thanks

5. fib, Member

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    When you install myDBR, it will create a database for you where it stores all its content (reports, users, groups, etc). This database (mydbr-by default) will reside in the same database server (or a linked server in case of SQL Servet) as the database you generate the reports from.

Please see myDBR Documentation for more information.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.