mysql extension issue

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. playup, Member

Hi,

I am tring to install the latest mydbr locally before I install on a server. Have got past ioncube but am now being told that I failed the php extenions test, eg "Either PHP extension mysql or mssql must be installed". However mysql is installed. Using PHP 5.3.2 and my php config is below. PLus I have done an awful lot of php-mysql work.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache22/bin/apxs --enable-cli --bindir=/usr/bin/ --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-openssl --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib --enable-mbstring --with-expect --with-gettext --with-ldap --with-gd --enable-soap

any ideas?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The error message should be clearer. The extension to be used with myDBR and MySQL is mysqli. The mysql extension is the old legacy (MySQL 4.x) extension. Enable the mysqli and you should be fine.

--
    myDBR Team

3. playup, Member

I'm not sure about the message being 'clearer' as opposed to just plain wrong. Certainly that would make a difference!

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Point taken.

The mysqli-extension is really just a new version of mysql-extension.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.