Automatic reports, Dashboards

(12 posts) (4 voices)

Tags:

1. fib, Member

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible with myDBR, to have an automatic reports that can be sent automatically on a specific time if the day via email. And can I find about this in the documentation.

Also, is it possible in myDBr to have dashboards, where I can have some reports summaries, and some links to other reports.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    to have periodic reports, you can utilize your server's job scheduler crontab / Task Scheduler. Report's can have their output sent as email. Reports itself are accessible via an URL.

myDBR allows full dashboard functionality where you can have any report to be shown as dashboard including free linking to other reports.

Both features are included in the Premium version.

--
    myDBR Team

3. mhennahane, Member

I have looked for documentation about how to run a report from the linux prompt, which I would use to run a report via cron. But, I have not found any guidance. Do I just run it via a mysql CALL command from the shell?

Mike

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

All reports are accessible via the URL. You can use culr / wget to run the report.

--
    myDBR Team

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

HI,
    it is still considered bit experimental, but you can use myDBR's embed_url()-javascript call which takes an URL to report as parameter. myDBR will include the content of the report in dashboard. To remove the report headers and footers include '&hdr=0' into the end of the URL:

<script type="text/javascript">embed_url("http://myserver.com/mydbr/report.php?r=59&m=45&h=84410e9a181a9f93ca85b1a1811351c415f1be85&hdr=0");</script>

--
    myDBR Team

6. duane, Member

Thanks - I'll give that a go!

7. mhennahane, Member

I can successfully get my report from the command line via its URL, but since the embedded URLs to the CSS files are relative to the web server, they have no base URL in an email. So, there is no style information and the report. Is there an option to include full URLs in my report for the email?

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Mail is created as an extension to myDBR.

If you send your report output as mail the CSS is included in the mail as an embedded CSS. The CSS included in the mail is in the mydbr/extensions/mail/mail_header.html. Could be that some of the CSS used is not defined there. What CSS are you missing? Please also note that HTML capabilities of different mail client vary greatly.

The links in the mail should be full URLs. Image's full URL's are supported in Premium version.

--
    myDBR Team

9. duane, Member

Just some feedback (likely bug) on the experimental javascript embed call...it works well so far with one minor exception: when clicking the 'filter' triangle above each report it displays an error when embedded in main_top.html but not when viewed as a normal report.

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    the search box does not play nice yet. You can try to replace the '&hdr=0', with '&embed=1'. It should leave out the search box while still maintaining the ability to use more complex elements in Dashboard.

Dashboards should not have a search box anways.

--
    myDBR Team

11. mhennahane, Member

I will take a look at the mail_header.html CSS and get back to you.

You must log in to post.