Working with myDBR on xampp the local server

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fib, Member

Hi,

Wish you can help me with this please.

I have installed xampp as a local web server on an external driver. I have installed myDBR (the community license) on xampp. Now when I am trying to view the reports at http://localhost/mydbr/mydbr/index.php?a=login on Google Chrome, I just can't view them, they keep loading and never being viewed. So the whole process of viewing the reports on the local host is very slow and mainly does not allow to view the reports.

I have restarted my local server, my computer and worked on other browsers and retried viewing the reports but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Any idea what that can be?

Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you tell what part of the operation is slow? This would help to determine if it is your server setup of your report that is slow.

- It does not work in Google Chrome but does so with other browsers?
    - Does the login view come up quickly?
    - Does the main view where you see list of your reports come up quickly?
    - When you run a specific report it runs very slowly?

You might want to check yout web server error log for errors.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. fib, Member

- It does not work in Google Chrome but does so with other browsers?
    No, it does not work on any browser.

- Does the login view come up quickly?
    Yes.

- Does the main view where you see list of your reports come up quickly?
    Yes.

- When you run a specific report it runs very slowly?
    Once I login, I am only able to view a report, then if I select another report to view, then it keeps loading it for ever and not viewing at all. This happens only after I login for the first time after I do a restart to my system, otherwise the reports keep loading without being viewed at all.

How can I check my web server error logs?

Thanks

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

If myDBR itself works quickly the most likely cause for your report to perform poorly is an error in the report's SQL code. So no need to check the server error logs.

Most common causes for slow report performance is an error in join oprations (missing connections between tables) causing database to return lot of rows. Try to fix your report code.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.