I can't change input parameter names on myDBR

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. SongezoM, Member

Hi,

I created a report as per usual with input parameters. Now when I try to change the names of the input parameters that does not work.

I have the following input parameters: inTechnology, inIndusry, inClientList
    Would like to change them to Technology, Industry and Client List.

This happens when I click on 'Edit' on the report. Now, I click on edit, select my parameter queries, give the parameter name as above (i.e. Client List) and Click 'Save Info' then click 'OK' on the bottom of the screen. Then finally, I run the report and none of these actions have an effect.

Please help.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Songezo

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

No apparent reason for this happening. if there is a problem with the myDBR database objects you can recreate them by re-running the installer and re-creating the myDBR objects:

Environment settings -> re-run installation -> 3*Continue -> Re-Create Objects

--
    myDBR Team

3. SongezoM, Member

Will my existing reports still after the re-install is complete? What exactly are repercussions of the re-install?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Songezo

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Re-running the database install scripts makes sure that all myDBR objects are created correctly. All existing user data (reports, parameters, styles etc) will remain intact, so you can always re-run the istallation script.

The same thing happens if you run the automatic updater if the version number changes.

--
    myDBR Team

5. SongezoM, Member

The error below shows up when I install.

Running script failed with error
    MySQL error 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    INSERT IGNORE INTO mydbr_params VALUES
    ('sp_DBR_StatisticsSummary','inEndDate',NULL,'End date','Now', 0, 0),
    ('sp_DBR_StatisticsSummary','inRowCount','Steps_5-10-20-100','Row count',NULL, 0, 0),
    ('sp_DBR_StatisticsSummary','inStartDate',NULL,'Start date','MonthAgo', 0, 0),
    ('sp_DBR_StatisticsReport','inEndDate',NULL,'End date','Now', 0, 0),
    ('sp_DBR_StatisticsReport','inStartDate',NULL,'Start date','MonthAgo', 0, 0)

The re-run installation worked but I think it's something to look into?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Songezo

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

How does your mydbr_params table look like if you issue a MySQL command:

show create table mydbr_params;

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.