Linked report parameters

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Deepak, Member

Hi,

I have a report with the report parameter "major brand" being a multiselect value, now within the main procedure i have linked reports to which i have to pass the same multi-select value. Is it possible to pass multiple values to the linked reports?

Main procedure CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_DEMAND_SYS_10_v1_12_1(inLaunchName int, inBusinessUnit int, inMajorBrand text, inGrowthInitiative int, inMarketingConv int, inLanguage int) ....... ....... ....... SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_DEMAND_SYS_9_v1_12', 'new_window','inBusinessUnit=-2', 'inMajorBrand=-3', 'inLanguage=-7','inDocType=8','inGrowthInitiative=-4','inMarketingConv=-5','inLaunchName=-1';

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What do you mean by "pass multiple values"? You can pass a multiselect value as any other as a parameter.

P.S. In order to make your report easier to maintain you can use '(inLaunchName)' instead of '-1'.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Deepak, Member

Can we pass multiple values selected using the multi-select in user filter and pass the same to the linked report?

In my user filter i have major brand as one of the filter which is a multi-select, i would want to pass the multiple values selected in that filter to the linked report via
    SELECT 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_DEMAND_SYS_9_v1_12', 'new_window','inBusinessUnit=-2', 'inMajorBrand=-3', 'inLanguage=-7','inDocType=8','inGrowthInitiative=-4','inMarketingConv=-5','inLaunchName=-1';

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, you can pass a multiselect parameter to the linked report. It will behave just like any other parameter.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.