Error in determining access rights for requested object!

(7 posts) (2 voices)
  1. AJPath, Member

I just recently installed MyDBR on a windows server using Microsoft SQL 2008 R2.

I am having some trouble with the demo reports and also sample reports I created.

Demo Reports

- Demo reports installed and they are available on the dashboard; however when I try to click on a report to run it, I get the following error...

"Error in determining access rights for requested object!"

Test Report

- I am able to create a simple sp for testing and it runs in the SQL editor. I am able to add it as a new report; however, when I go to execute the report from the dashboard, I get the same error.

"Error in determining access rights for requested object!"

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sounds like a permission problem.

Make sure myDBR user is the owner of the mydbr-database. Also, make sure the user credentials defined in mydbr_config.php, are the same used that were used to created the demo-reports.

--
    myDBR Team

3. AJPath, Member

Thanks for the feedback...

I have made sure that myDBR is the owner of the database and the credentials in the config file match the owner of the database in ms SQL.

It is weird, I am able to create new users, and new folders, and the actual stored procedures are being created in the SQL server; however, when I go to run them I keep getting the error mentioned above.

Do you have any other suggestions on how I can get this working? Or, point me in the direction of where I can get some info on how to set the server permissions correctly?

Thanks,
    AJ

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

AJ,
    What is the database driver you are using in PHP?

The error comes when myDBR determines if user has access right to the report procedure. You can simulate the query involved by running following query in the SQL Editor:

sp_MyDBR_ReportNameGet 1234,'dba',2,''

where 1234 is the ID of the report. You can see the ID from myDBR main view shown in parentheses after the procedure name when logged in as admin.

if the problem is with incorrect installation, you can always re-run the installer and re-create the objects. All your existing reports stay intact.

--
    myDBR Team

5. AJPath, Member

Thanks,

I ran the query in the SQL editor and got this error message,

Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or earlier. (severity 16)

EDIT: The reports I was testing were the ones in the demo.

I re-ran the install and have the same issue. These are the extensions I have installed and using the mssql/FreeTDS extension for SQL server.

mysqli - PHP Extension for MySQL INSTALLED
    mssql/FreeTDS - PHP Extension SQL Server, Sybase ASE and SQL Anywhere INSTALLED
    sqlsrv - Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server NOT INSTALLED

You will be able to connect to:
    - MySQL
    - Microsoft SQL Server
    - Sybase ASE
    - SQL Anywhere

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

AJ,
    The problem is that myDBR tries to send UTF-8 data to the server, but your selected database driver setup is using older version of the TDS protocol which does not support UTF-8.

Most likely you either have old deprecated php_mssql.dll defined in your php.ini (use php_dblib.dll instead) or that your php_dblib.dll is not configured using freetds.conf (in C:\) to use the newer version of the TDS protocol.

See documentation for more info.

--
    myDBR Team

7. AJPath, Member

Looks like we were missing the freetds.conf file in C:\

Everything is working properly now.

Thank you for your support.

AJ

You must log in to post.