Student needs help with install

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. kenny, Member

Hello

I'm new to PHP and MySQL databases, and learning them at the moment. For a project we are asked to generate MySQL database reports. I was looking for software to make this process a bit easier with graphical representations.

I am running a win 7 home edition with xampp software suite acting as my Apache and MySQL database..then using phpmyadmin for editing... this will be my home test environment then hopefully transfer all of this over to another machine at school.

=> problem comes when i point the chrome browser to the mybdr unzipped directory it reads the index of the path to the files and shows links however there is no auto install wizard.

When going though the documentation it just says it should work...and manual install is a bit above my head at the moment, trying to install different versions of PHP or ioncube loader for IIS servers...threaded or legacy versions...

kinda lost and would like a little support to get me up and running

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Kenny,
    make sure you place the unzipped directory under the xampp's www directory and that you access the directory through the web server (http instead of file). If you still get just a directory listing, make sure PHP is enabled in your web server (is is by default in xampp).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.