Parameter Passing problem?

(12 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

I have some problems and don't know how to resolve.
    1. I use dbr.report and link to sp_DBR_report_02(inCom varchar(20), inBU varchar(20)); and two parameters are optional. First I can run with:
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_report_02', 'inCom=Company';
    But after I add one more paramter, this make store is (inCom varchar(20), inBU varchar(20), inStatus varchar(50)) (all are optional), when click in the report link, it always require inBU and inStatus.
    2. I try with:
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_report_02', 'inCom=Company', 'inBU=""', 'inStatus=""';
    And now when I click in the report link, it shows the box with only "Run Report" button and 2 columns title: "Parameter" and "Input" without any field to input, and can click the button to run Report without do anything else.

Please help, I have a lots of report link that use this store and must I add 'inBU=""' into all of this?

Thanks,

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can use format:

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_report_02', 'inCom=Company', 'append=&i=0'

i is a parameter which toggles how the optional parameters are handled.

--
    myDBR Team

3. spyhunter88, Member

This works, but I also need to add into every reports link I have made. Any option like environment settings for all?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

This should be an exeption case, so no common setting for this.

--
    myDBR Team

5. spyhunter88, Member

But in previous version (4.2.2) it works without this setting. After I update (4.2.3 (build 2433)), some of my report require all of parameters. And some of them only show the "Run Report" button without parameter?

Do you have any idea for check the error, or exception in string parameter ...

My Report system suddenly be broken in many parts, requires parameters on almost report link :(

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The optional parameter handling is now consistent on whether you run the report directly or if you run it as linked report. This way reports which have all parameter marked as optional will still ask for the parameters (you just do not have to give one). You can override this default behavior by adding the '&i=0' to the URL.

--
    myDBR Team

7. thang, Member

We've spent a lot of time building reports and drilled down reports, and after upgrading to 4.2.3 (build 2433), these changes of the new version waste a lot time from us, we now have to edit every single linked report, it really takes a lot of effort. I hope there should be some addition to the setting to override this.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

This should affect only few linked reports (the ones that have only optional parameters).

We can make the feature reversible by a default setting if that helps.

--
    myDBR Team

9. thang, Member

Yes, please make the feature reversible by default. We already built many linked reports (drilled down), we don't really want to waste our effort & time to edit every single report which has many linked reports (most of those have optional parameters).

Could you please advise when the next build (which has such setting) be available?

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

Thang,
    the new build is available and it includes a setting for this. To use it, add following to user/defaults.php:

$mydbr_defaults['linked_report']['autoexecute_when_only_optional'] = true;

Please note that if you have this option set and all your parameters are optional, you will not be asked the parameter values at all (to do this you will need to add '&i=1' to the URL).

The build also includes updated jQuery and jQuery UI versions.

--
    myDBR Team

11. thang, Member

Great, thank you very much. I'm about to update now :)

12. thang, Member

After updating, it works like a charm. I really appreciate your quick support & update. Thank you very much!

You must log in to post.