How to add username as input parameter to the report & how to validate password.

(7 posts) (2 voices)
  1. yam, Member

How to add username as input parameter to the report & how to validate password.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

For username parameter, you can use automatic parameters.

As for the password, could you tell what is the use case for validating the password?

--
    myDBR Team

3. yam, Member

I have 10 users all of them are known together(with usernames).

I have a table , which contains username field , but when user1 logins he/she could be able to see only his/her report like where username =user1.

But user1 should not able to access other users details, as user1 already know other usernames ,so if i give input as username user can easily use user1---usern to see the report. to avoid this I need to validate password.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

I have 10 users all of them are known together(with usernames).

Are these myDBR users with myDBR username and password?

I have a table , which contains username field , but when user1 logins he/she could be able to see only his/her report like where username =user1.

This what automatic parameters are for. You can restrict the data to be shown to user based on his/her username.

But user1 should not able to access other users details, as user1 already know other usernames ,so if i give input as username user can easily use user1---usern to see the report. to avoid this I need to validate password.

If you use automatic parameters, user cannot specify another username. myDBR will automatically use logged in user's username as a parameter. No need to validate passwords as myDBR will do everything for you.

--
    myDBR Team

5. yam, Member

I didn't find any report like that, do we have any demo report.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The documentation (link above) includes sample reports. Also, the demo has an example report.

--
    myDBR Team

7. yam, Member

ThankYou ..

You must log in to post.