Migrating from one server to another - MySQL Err 2003

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. werner, Member

Hi MyDBR Team

I have created a number of reports on a test server and felt confident that I can now migrate the test data to a live server. I did the installation of mydbr, but now I cannot connect to the MySQL db. However, I can log into the MySQL DB using phpMyAdmin.

I did change the IP in mydbr_config.php to the production server and I set the "Setup Done" to false.

Now I can get the myDBR Install screen but it halts with the message

Unable to connect to the MySQL database:
    ERROR 2003:Can't connect to MySQL server on '196.20.24.12' (113)

On the same server I do have other MySQL Databases to which I can log in successfully. I must gather that it is either a config or mydbr setup question.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Werner

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You did not mention if phpMyAdmin is installed to the same machine as myDBR. Also you mention that you can log in to other databases successfully, but do not mention with which application.

Error message "Can't connect to MySQL server" is usually means that the client application cannot connect to database due to the fact that remote login to database is not allowed or there is a firewall blocking connection to database port (by default 3306).

You can try to trace the problem by using plain PHP debug files at mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/mysql.php.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.