Internal Server Error

(10 posts) (2 voices)
  1. eemee, Member

I downloaded an evaluation copy, uploaded it to my server, and followed the installation instructions, which say to visit mysite.com/mydbr/

I got the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Phusion_Passenger/2.2.15 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at mysite.com Port 80

I tried deleting the .htaccess files, but still get the error.

Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks!

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Without more information it is bit difficult to say.

Try to see the Apache error.log for more details what is going on. Also, you might want to try to access the unencrypted files at mydbr/tools-directory to see if your PHP installation is working. Also, if you have any Apache configurations for the particular directory, you might want to take a look at those.

--
    myDBR Team

3. eemee, Member

hmm.... there was something weird or corrupt with the enclosing folder /mydbr. The permissions were 755 which is pretty permissive, so I don't think permissions was the problem. I created a new directory, moved the files there, and now I'm on the Installation page, so I got past the 500 error...

4. eemee, Member

hi Mydbr Team,

I set it up without a problem, but I can't login with the temporary password.

It says to try username/password dba /dba

However, these do not work.

Should I request a password via email?

Thanks,
    eemee

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

The default installation password is dba/dba. If you reach login screen, myDBR is able to connect to database, so with correct username / password you should be log in.

If the problem persists, please check the existence of the user entry in the mydbr_userlogin-table.

--
    myDBR Team

6. eemee, Member

That worked. You might want to consider reviewing the text on the install script, because I got the impression from it that you had to enter "/dba" (slash dba) as the password, when it seems like that might have been a formatting error (missing space in the echoed instructions in your install script).

It looks like I have 5 days to evaluate the script. I am very familiar with php and mysql but have never used a program like this before. How do I add a database to analyze. For example, if my database is called mysite_territories, how do I get mydbr to access that?

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll rephrase the username / password.

How do I add a database to analyze. For example, if my database is called mysite_territories, how do I get mydbr to access that?

You can refer to your own database (or any of your databases) by using following syntax:

In MySQL:

select data
    from mysite_territories.mytable

In MS SQL Server:

select data
    from mysite_territories..mytable

myDBR does not make any changes to your own database, you just add read-access to 'mydbr' user for those databases you wish to report from.

--
    myDBR Team

8. eemee, Member

nice. I will try it. thanks!

9. eemee, Member

I am trying to follow the demo in "Help." I entered the following into the "Original/Editing" window. I clicked "Generate SQL into Selection" and got the error message "Please select the columns first." Didn't I already specify the columns below? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_test123()
    BEGIN

select users.user_login, users.ID, users.user_email
    from mysite_db.users
    where user_login = akenb

END
    $$

10. myDBR Team, Key Master

"Generate SQL into Selection"-button is related to the Query builder which lets you select columns from the lists and generate the SQL based on the selection. This is an optional way of creating the query to the report.

You have already completed the procedure, so you just need to save it to the database by pressing the 'Execute'-button. After the procedure is saved to the database, it is ready to be attached as a report. You can do directly from the editoe that by pressing the 'Add a report to myDBR'-button.

The 'Show selected object' button is a way to see table/procedure/function definition from the database. If you do not remember the columns, just select a table name and press the 'Show selected object' button.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.