myDBR 2.4 - "Your favourite updates"

(18 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR Team is happy to announce the the availability of myDBR 2.4 release.

The version is a maintenance release with new features.

New features include:

• User can now mark reports as Favourites
    • New editable components: select list, radio buttons, date and datetime pickers
    • Parameters can now include checkboxes allowing to select multiple items as parameters

Improvements:

• Header repetition suppressed when multiple levels are applied
    • Sorting UI fixes
    • Active Directory authentication now allows users without groups
    • Calendar UI changes

Edit: 9th Dec 2010, version 2.4.2

• Fixes a problem when adding new categories (2.4.1)
    • Adds new iPhone optimizations (2.4.1)
    • Pageview supports now subtitles (2.4.1)
    • Report parameter international date format handling fixed (2.4.2)

As always, you can update to new version using the myDBR's automatic updater.

Happy reporting,
    --
    myDBR Team

2. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

got this error trying to update with mydbr on mssql server 2005:

Updating database Failed
    Encountered an error during sql-script execution. Fix the error and press retry.

Parameter or variable '' has an invalid data type.
    create function dbo.fn_seconds_to_time ( @secs int )
    returns time
    as
    begin
    if (@secs is null) return null

return convert( time, CONVERT(varchar(6), @secs/3600)
    + ':' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), (@secs % 3600) / 60), 2)
    + ':' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), @secs % 60), 2) )
    end

3. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

also any attempt to retry results in this:

Extracting new version Failed
    Could not extract C:\xampp\htdocs\REPORTS\mydbr/update/latest.zip
    Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature [code -10]

4. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

yep now none of our reports work any ideas on how to fix it?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Brad,
    problem comes from the fact that MS SQL server 2005 does not know time datatype which was used in an added function. We've put up a new build which does not use the time-datatype anymore (this is the only change) and therefore should install without problems to MS SQL server 2005.

The another error that you are getting (Could not extract) looks to be a corrrupted zip file / full disk or something else preventing the file to be unzipped.

Your database should be fine. Try to download the new version and rerun the database script from Environment settings -> Report Database Setup to get the updated function in place. if you still have problem with the zip file, you can download and unzip the file manually.

Let us know if you still have problems.

--
    myDBR Team

6. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

thanks i deleted the zip and tried again and got this new but similar database error:

Updating database Failed
    Encountered an error during sql-script execution. Fix the error and press retry.

Type time is not a defined system type.
    create function dbo.fn_seconds_to_time ( @secs int )
    returns datetime
    as
    begin
    if (@secs is null) return null

return convert( time, CONVERT(varchar(6), @secs/3600)
    + ':' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), (@secs % 3600) / 60), 2)
    + ':' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), @secs % 60), 2) )
    end

looks like you guys changed the return type but the type in the call to convert

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Oh,
    getting late...

Now fixed for good. Thanks for reporting the issue.

--
    myDBR Team

8. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

awesome thank you; it has updated. unfortunately reports still do not work. i click on them and the nothing happens it stays on the main screen and no errors popup.

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

You do see all the reports but you just cannot start them? What happens if you open the report URL to another window?
    --
    myDBR Team

10. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

nothing i try will allow me to get to even the parameter screen of a report. I click and i get a spinny wheel for a second by remain on the main page.

happens in every browser and nothing is in php error log and i have no JS errors.

11. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

all the report links are set to lindex.php what are they supposed to be?

12. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sounds like you are bumping into a new Favourites-feature which lets you mark your favourite reports. It is the star in upper right corner. See Favourites in documentation:

Favourites

If you click the star, the report is marked as a favourite (the spinny wheel shows the brief ajax activity). The report is then added to the menu behind start close to breadcrumb and when you refresh the page the favourites are shown in new Favourites report category.

Does this happen to you regardless where you click? if so, try to refresh you Javascript cache.
    --
    myDBR Team

13. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

the spinning i am talking about isn ajax it the standard page loading spin i am talking about. I disabled javascript and this still occurs. i completely reset firefox and it doesnt matter where i click i get no report and the report doesnt get added to favorites unless i click the star.

I can edit the reports and such just not view them.

examining the http headers it appears that each click is simply requesting index.php.I examined the href attribute on the link and it is set to '_'. If you tell me what arguements to pur in the query string i can at least see if i can get to reports that way till it is fixed...

14. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you send the HTML-source code of the main page to support@mydbr.com. We could take a look what is going on with your server.
    --
    myDBR Team

15. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

sent. is there any way you can guide me to crafting a working url to run a report real quick. i can glean some query variables from the edit links but i am missing something.

16. myDBR Team, Key Master

Will move the discussion to the support email. There seems to be something wrong with your server access.

--
    myDBR Team

17. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi all,
    we've made couple of updates in last days to fix issues that users have encoutered. The 2.4.1 fixed the problem when adding new report categories and 2.4.2 a problem with international dates in report parameters.

As always, you can update to latest version using the myDBR's automatic updater.

--
    myDBR Team

18. myDBR Team, Key Master

Demo section now includes new demo reports for the new input functionality.

Check it out.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.