Error when running the install on an existing use to change settings

(9 posts) (2 voices)


No tags yet.

  1. Fatal error: Exceptions must be valid objects derived from the Exception base class in /home/fbtscom/public_html/mydbr/install/model/mysql_database.php on line 310

    I am getting socket connection error messages:

    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

  2. myDBR Team, Key Master

    For connections to localhost, MySQL programs attempt to connect to the local server by using a socket file. MySQL socket (communication file to MySQL) is a file which is created when MySQL starts.

    You can determine the socket file location using "mysqladmin variables"-command. You can check that the file exists in the filesystem.

    You can define the socket file location either in php.ini (mysqli.default_socket) or in the myDBR setup.

    myDBR Team

  3. Thank you for the help. I don't know why all of a sudden we are having these issues.

    Last one: I have 2 simple linked reports for editing a record. All works well - the data is changed appropriately. But even with a dbr.refresh, upon return to the first report the revised data is not displayed. It is out of sync with the actual data in the table.

    Here are the procs:

    DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_DBR_Blog_Meta_Descriptions_Two
    CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_Blog_Meta_Descriptions_Two()

    select 'dbr.hidecolumn', '[cdseopage]';
    select 'dbr.title', 'Blog Meta Description, Meta Keyword & Page Title Editor';
    select 'dbr.subtitle', 'Allows the editing of these fields in real-time.';
    select 'dbr.column.title', '[descr]', 'Meta Description';
    select 'dbr.column.title', '[title]', 'Page Title';
    select 'dbr.column.title', '[KW]', 'Meta Keywords';
    select 'dbr.column.title', '[cdseoid]', 'ID';

    select '', 'sp_DBR_Meta_Edit_Two', '[cdseoid]', 'popup', 'zID=[cdseoid]', 'zTitle<=[title]', 'zKW<=[KW]', 'zDescr<=[descr]', 'zPage=[cdseopage]';

    select w.cdseoID as 'CID[cdseoid]',
    w.cdseoTitle as 'Title[title]',
    w.cdseoKeyword as 'kw[KW]',
    w.cdseoPage as '[cdseopage]',
    w.cdseoDescription as 'Description[descr]',
    date_format(from_unixtime(, '%b, %D %Y') as 'Posting Date'

    from fbtscom_xcart.wcm_cdseo w, fbtscom_xcart.wcm_cms_entries z
    where w.cdseoType = 'xcmsentry'
    and w.cdseoReplaceID = z.entryid
    and z.status = 1

    order by z.views DESC;


    CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_Meta_Edit_Two(
    zID int,
    zTitle text,
    zKW text,
    zDescr text,
    zPage int)
    select 'dbr.column.title', 'zTitle', 'Page Title';
    select 'dbr.column.title', 'zDescr', 'Meta Description';
    select 'dbr_column.title', 'zKW', 'Meta Keywords';
    select 'dbr.column.title', 'zID', 'ID';
    select 'dbr.title', 'Editing Meta Descriptions, etc.';

    update fbtscom_newxcart.wcm_cdseo
    cdseoTitle = zTitle,
    cdseoDescription = zDescr,
    cdseoKeyword = zKW

    where cdseoID = zID and cdseoPage = zPage;

    select 'dbr.refresh';


    10,000 thanks!!!

  4. myDBR Team, Key Master

    What is the actual problem? The data is not updated or the page is not being refreshed? If you refresh the page manually, does the updated data appear?

    myDBR Team

  5. The data is not updated on the page. If I look at the data in the table using phpMyadmin, the edits have taken. But the data on the report page has not changed. The 2 are out of sync.

    No even a ctrl-F5 still displays the data originally queried, not the revised data.

  6. myDBR Team, Key Master

    So if you do refesh the original report which reads the data directly from the database, you will get the "old" data, not the updated, actual data from the database?

    If you close the browser and rerun the report, what is the data that is shown? Does this happen if you try another browser?

    myDBR Team

  7. So if you do refesh the original report which reads the data directly from the database, you will get the "old" data, not the updated, actual data from the database?

    -- Yes, that is the case.

    Tried closing the browser and reopening (Chrome), same results. I can change the data from phpmyadmin, and the changes do not show in the myDBR report. If I change the data in myDBR, the changes show in phpmyadmin, but do not show in myDBR. It looks like a caching issue of some kind.

    I tried in Firefox and the behavior is the same.

    I can screen cap the two - the data being displayed from phpmyadmin and the same data on myDBR, but can't attach a file here.

    I'll grant login to the myDBR if you wish.

    This is screwy. Other similar reports work fine. This one does not.

  8. myDBR Team, Key Master

    You can create a login for us and send the login details to support. There should be an explanation for this.

    myDBR Team

  9. We have reinstalled MySQL and rebuilt some of the supporting files. Now, it works. Thanks so much for your help. Sorry to be a bother.



You must log in to post.