Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mydbr\apps\showReport

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. I've just upgraded to 4.2.2 build 884 and if I click on the download icon at the report header, I got the error in the title. Also on the header I get this error...

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mydbr\interface\reportheader.php on line 33

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You are using IIS? Take a look at:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2006/100-apache-compliant-request_uri-for-iis-and-windows/

We'll see if the dependancy to REQUEST_URI will be removed in next version.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Is this something new? It's been working fine until this version. And yes, I'm IIS.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Bit of background for this. myDBR uses PHP's web server variable $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] for Export functionality. Unfortunately REQUEST_URI is not present on some IIS configurations. This has been in myDBR since 2.2 release.

Next version of myDBR does no longer rely REQUEST_URI to be present.

Before the next version is out, you just need to define the variable. This is where the Neosmart's script comes handy. It is just few lines of PHP code that defines the REQUEST_URI variable for PHP scripts. You put it in your php.ini auto_prepend_file directive. There is no side effects when defining the variable.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.