Hidden parameter

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

In my solution, I use to repeat parameter to deep report level (or drill-down). But in my main report, I don't expose all parameters for quickly view. So I use call {store_name} to present report, or separate to tabs.

select 'dbr.tab', 'Tab 1'; select 'dbr.tab', 'Tab 2';

call sp_DBR_tab_1('','','',param4); select 'dbr.tab.next';

call sp_DBR_tab_2('','','',param4); select 'dbr.tab.close';
    Now, I can't define parameter for linked report in tab_1 like below:
    select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_other_report', '[Col_Ref]', 'param1=(param1)', 'param2=(param2)', 'param3=(param3)';
    Of course, I have some other solutions like add hidden columns, or direct value passing. But this make more code and maintain.

I wish we have parameter option like hidden parameter comes with default value. So now in my main report, I have param1, param2, param3 are hide and the solution above will work.

Nice to see if it's good and you have plan to accomplish this.
    Thanks

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Bear in mind that when executing a procedure, any calls to another procedures you might do, are invisible to the application calling the orignal procedure. So when myDBR calls your report which calls sp_DBR_tab_1, MySQL API's do not expose the sp_DBR_tab_1-call (nor it's parameters) to myDBR.

If you want to use the parameters for sp_DBR_tab_1 in a report, just use hidden columns.

--
    myDBR Team

3. spyhunter88, Member

Yep, I know that and 2 solutions to do, but this's easy with a few parameters. But it'll be a big problem with more parameters and some add/remove parameters, that task needs extra work to do.

But in some case, this parameter is "hidden" through another direct calling store procedure because separate 1 to more Report, or just simple like permission of user/group.

You must log in to post.