Running MyDBR on Log Shipping Database

(9 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ajitdixit, Member

I have large transactional system running and I have implemented log shipping as backup mechanism
    The data is shipped and refreshed every 15 minutes

I want to run Mydbr on this log shipping database but issue is such log shipping backup database is readonly

Can I have solution to have two connections one for all SPs which will fetch data and anather for the Mydbr tables which are updated

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR database requires write access but the reporting database can be read only.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajitdixit, Member

Can I have Setting that there one database setting for all SPs being Executed and another database setting for MyDBR updations (Count updation done by myDBR)

In case log Log shipping read only database we can execute all SPs and retrieve data from database but we can not issue any updates/inserts

These are requirements are large transactional sites where MIS is run of Log shipping database
    Or Can I disable any statistics so that there is no updation

Regards ,

Ajit

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

It's not just for statistics myDBR uses the mydbr-database for. There is many other things what uses inserts / updates. Hence the insert/update requirement. All myDBR reports are run from myDBR database.

Why don't you just use a writable database for myDBR and access your database as read only? myDBR does need write to your database so your database can be read only.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajitdixit, Member

I have administrative access to our main database run from Mydbr on local-host which is used on development of MyDBR Objects

Since Log shipping database is real time replica of main database , all development committed on such database is also transferred to log-shipping database

If I have production MyDBR for users from log shipping database , it works well as long as Mydbr is reading from database

But it fails when Mydbr is trying to write for ant statistical updates

If we are using two licenses one for development pointing to main database and other for users pointing to log shipping database then the query load is shifted to log shipping database and it improves the performance

Regards ,

Ajit

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

We can make the statistics optional. Or you will be able to use custom statistics.

--
    myDBR Team

7. aldixit, Member

that will be great. please let me know the setting i will test

8. ajitdixit, Member

Any progress update on this

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    run the updater to get myDBR 4.4.0 and add following line to user/defaults.php.

$mydbr_defaults['statistics']['enabled'] = false;

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.