Chart director column shading/lighting effects

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How's it going? I am trying to create some separate bars using the chartdirector command. I am having a difficult time matching the style/width of the Column charts (just single column, not MS column). I am using softlighting but I was wondering if you could tell me what other adjustments are set so I can create bars that match the default? So far I have:

$layer->setBorderColor(Transparent, softLighting(Left));

... I get close with that but the size and the appearance don't quite match. I'll be tweaking to match for now.

Thanks in advance,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    what is it that you are trying to do exactly? Style/width is set automatically, what are you trying to change?

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

I made some more changes so I believe the softlighting issue is resolved. Although the sizing is still off. I'm trying to add a projected bar/column to stack on the last bar/column (which will need to eventually be a different color but for the sake of duplicating the existing columns' style I have made it the same color for now). See the stacked column that is in the picture below:

Let me know if you know how I can match the sizing dynamically.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Still unsure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to create a stacked column chart manually from single series column chart so the last column would be stacked? If so, that sounds overly complicated as you can do that with stacked column chart automatically.

--
    myDBR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

That is exactly what I was trying to do. I was trying to work from the ground up since I don't have much control over how the column stacks are created initially. I will try working with the stacked column (using the StackedColumn command) and see if that gives me what I need. Thanks

6. nsepetys, Member

I ended up having to determine the bar width issue manually anyways to get overlapping bar graphs. To do this through the chart director command I used the following functions of the BarLayer:

Bar/Column Chart

$layer->setBarGap(0.2);

As for multi-column they still don't line up 100% but the following gets it pretty close:

$layer->setBarGap(0.22,-0.05);

You must log in to post.