dbr.report did not open correctly while have null inside command

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. spyhunter88, Member

Hi myDBR Team,

I face a new issue while trying to collect a set of dbr.report from a table. So it will make some null column inside command that I can't take it out. Like below:

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_report_2', 'new_window', '[Sale]', 'param1=col1', null, null, '"Sales Details"';

The new report opened in this window instead of a new one. Beside, I can't replace null by empty string (''), this cause error while click in report link.

I remember the old version can handle this null value correctly.

PS: I am using 4.4.0 build 2686.

Thanks,

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You should not have nulls as a parameter to the dbr.report-command. What is it you are trying to achieve with it?

--
    myDBR Team

3. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

I'm create an store procedure to generate a series of dbr.report commands. Because my report has more than 20 links. Also, I have 10 reports have the same strategy of this link with small difference between them.

Then, I use a temporary table (that is generated in code) to produce dbr.report. But all linked report don't have the same parameters, so some of parameters'll be and I put null into this cell.

I think I can pass an unknown parameter to avoid this.

Thanks,

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

If you just make up a unused parameter, myDBR will ignore it. A better solution would be to create a correct dbr.report-command though. Should not be that difficult if you already have the logic to create the command in first place.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.