dbr.mail is stripping images after upgrade to 4.5

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. maron, Member

After upgrade to 4.5 my image tags are getting stripped from outgoing emails

This is how I create the email

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_email_campaign(inCampaignId int, inCampaignSubject varchar(255))
    BEGIN select 'dbr.title','';
    select 'dbr.record','begin'; call sp_DBR_email_campaign_design(inCampaignId, 0); select 'dbr.record','end'; select 'dbr.mail','1';
    select 'dbr.mail.sender', 'me@mydomain.com', 'mail sender', 'me@mydomain.com';
    select 'recipient@recipient.com', 'Email title', concat(inCampaignSubject, ' ', now()); select 'dbr.mail.debug', 1; END

Here is part of my email code:

<td class="left-text-pad" style="word-break: break-word; -webkit-hyphens: auto; -moz-hyphens: auto; hyphens: auto; border-collapse: collapse !important; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; color: #222222; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 19px; font-size: 14px; margin: 0; padding: 0px 0px 10px 10px;" align="left" valign="top">

</td>

And this is the outcome when viewing the source of the generated email:

<table class="eight columns" style="border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 380px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0;"><tr style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; padding: 0;" align="left">

This is a function we used twice daily until today when we upgraded to 4.5 - not only the above but every single image tag is stripped from the email - I have tried various things to find out where this happens but no luck so far.

Would appreciate assistance on this.

2. maron, Member

Have digged around and am quite confident that this is somewhere in the mydbr code - most likely in dbr.record. The version of PHPMailer included in the earlier version and the current is the same - so that's not the cause of this.

Could it be that for some reason img tags are being removed in dbr.record in the updated version?

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

The image tags were replaced to include inline image. Run the updater to get the latest build which does not touch the external images.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.