Large excel export timing out

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How is it going? I am trying to do an export on a large excel with 18k rows in 40 - 50 sheets in the workbook. I understand that the excel exports need a lot of resources to work but I'm wondering if there is any another way I can milk out the potential of the export tool to get this working? The timeout has been set to 10+ mins without any xlsx being returned. And unfortunately the csv format does not work for this situation because we need separate sheets for each returned set. I have verified that the queries in the report are returning everything in under 2 mins so I'm thinking it is the excel export that is holding the process up.

- Noah

PS: I just found this post talking about one large dataset export but that was a couple years ago so I'm hoping that some update has been made since then.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Producing a 18k row Excel file with 40 - 50 sheets would require considerable resources from the server. The CSV-export and postprocessing the generated file would be a better option.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Thanks! Just FYI for those with a similar situation the way I chose to do this was to export from myDBR to CSV and then to use an excel macro found here. The last post on that forum details the macro code that worked the best for me. While it is still requiring some manual effort and is not extremely user-friendly it works in a pinch.

You must log in to post.