Adding a search engine (plaintext and keyword search)

(6 posts) (3 voices)
  1. apao, Member

Hello everyone,

Would it be possible to implement a search engine in myDBR, which would enable the users to search for reports containing specific words in their title or their description? (that would be a plaintext search)
    I know this can probably be done via a report that would dig into the internal database but it would probably be less user-friendly than a true search engine.

Furthermore, do you think it could be possible to "tag" the reports, i.e. to assign them keywords that would enable the users to search for reports via keywords in addition to plaintext?

Best regards.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is no search functionality for reports planned. We can put it in consideration though. Usually report categorization (folders, categories) would allow user to find the needed reports.

You can do the search capability with a report if you like.

--
    myDBR Team

3. apao, Member

Ok, I'll do the plaintext-search-engine by myself (the keyword search is another problem, that I cannot really handle if keywords are not implemented in myDBR).
    Now, the weakness of this report is that it might no longer work if you happen to change something in myDBR database structure in the future, since it will retrieve information from tables like mydbr_reports, mydbr_folders, etc.

By the way, would there be a way to display links in the results of my report, that would open the reports listed ? (2 questions in 1 : is it possible to display links in a report ? and if so, is it possible to compute a link for a report, based on what I can find in the tables ?)

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, you can create the links to reports dynamically all necessary info is in the database. See Direct URL access to reports.

--
    myDBR Team

5. conscience, Member

Hi @apao,

I'm also searching for the same solutions and I also think that the search option should be added in mydbr.
    Your answer is helpful to me to build a report so that the user can find their reports by searching report title.

Also, I have a solution to provide report links to the user, so that they can go to that report by click on the link that will appear in the search result.

In this scenario, I'll use mydbr's highlight function to highlight or redirect users to any report. You can make your URL something like
    https://mydbr.eazydiner.com/index.php?m=13&highlight=208
    In the above example URL, m=13 is folder id that you can get in folder_id column in mydbr_reports table and highlight=208 is for highlighting a report by their report_id. The same can be found in mydbr_reports table.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes,
    you can highlite a report by using the highlight parameter. See a report in demo:

https://mydbr.com/demo/mydbr/index.php?m=1&highlight=131

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.