Customizing main menu

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. eugfri, Member

hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to customize how main menu of the reporting system made with mydbr looks and feels. Default look with boxes of reports categories (menus) which are impossible to arrange in the desired way looks extremely archaic. I am wondering if there is a way inside of the product itself to make better looking main menu that can be arranged visually in the desired fashion. Of courses, there is always an option of making my own html/javascript main page with any looks of the menu and simply add there direct links to each report, but....

Thank you!

Eugene

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Eugene,
    we are happy to explore different ways of showing the main menu structure. If you have a suggestion, we can take a look if we can make the current more configurable or create an alternative. If you have a specific idea in mind, just let us know.

If you want to change the current one, you can style it with JavaScript/CSS, but you will be bound by the basic structure. Another way of doing it all by yourself is to get the content (add '?export=json' to URL) and create your own.

--
    myDBR Team

3. eugfri, Member

Yes, the most flexible way to have make my own menu and use direct reports links.
    But if,say, besides display order and color of report categories you could have give some choices for menu display layout - present menu as boxes on the screen (current way), present menu (report categories) on the left side bar, present menu as bar across the top of the screen or maybe each category as separate tab etc, it would be really great...

Eugene

You must log in to post.