Blank page after 55 seconds of execution

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. apao, Member

Hello everyone,

I have a rather big report (more than 40 columns and more than 30000 rows).
    At the beginning, I had a memory error, that I got rid of by changing the "memory_limit" setting of php.ini.
    Now, I do not see any error any more but after 55 seconds of execution, I get a blank page. I cannot see any explanation since the "max_execution_time" of php.ini is 120.
    Both Excel and CSV exports fail. HTML export is ok, but is far from being a good solution, considering the high amount of data.

Would you have any solution for me?

PS: the query itself only needs a few seconds to be executed by mySQL

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

30000 rows with 40 columns will require quite a bit procssing (both in server and in client browser). CSV export should work as it is acually lighter than the HTML (no need for browser to render a table with 30K rows and 40 columns.

You could check the maximum execution time (max_execution_time) in php.ini.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. apao, Member

Thanks for your answer but as I said in my message, I have already tried that (exporting in CSV and checking the max_execution_time of php.ini).
    Would you have any other idea? Is there any other timeout setting to check (in mydbr or php)?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Have you checked web server error logs for any errors? Max execution time and memory max are settings for the PHP. What is the database / driver you are using?

--
    myDBR Team

5. apao, Member

I have just checked the web server error logs and indeed, I noticed another memory error. The strange thing is that, this time, mydbr did not display it.
    The first time, the message mentioned the localization.php file. This time, it had to do with the ShowReport.php file. This might be the reason why myDBR didn't "handle" the error this time.
    However, I raised the allocated memory in php.ini again and now, it works.
    Thanks for your help.

PS: could you please move this topic to the general discussion section?

You must log in to post.