MS Column Line Dual Y-Axis Chart tooltips seem to be off

(9 posts) (3 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are things going? I am having an issue with the tooltips for the MSColumnLineDY chart type not lining up with the corresponding line/column. As soon as I added the "series_axis" command to adjust the series used for the 1st and 2nd Y-axes I noticed that the 2nd series for the column data was showing the tooltip of the 3rd series of the line data and vice versa. Any chance you guys can help? Let me know if you can't replicate on your end and I'll try to show you specifics on my end.

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    could you send the export=sql output to the support email so we can reproduce the same chart / options. We'll take a look at it.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Ok. I sent an email with info. Thanks!

4. nsepetys, Member

The fix with version 4.5.3 (build 2816) seems to be working for the 3 datasets (two column and one line). I noticed just recently that if I used the series_axis command and specified 2 datasets for the second Y-axis it would get me 2 separate line datasets- which is great! I had requested this feature before but never heard back about it so I am not sure if it officially supported but the only thing is that the tooltip doesn't show for the last dataset for the 2nd Y-axis. If the 2nd line dataset for the MSColumnLineDY chart is not yet officially supported I would like to make a feature request. Since I now realize I have the ability to show 2 column and 2 lines I will go ahead and utilize it without the tooltip for the one dataset. Thanks for all your guys' help in making awesome reports.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, it's a known issue. We are working on it.

--
    myDBR Team

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    the tooltip for the n+1 dataset in 2nd Y-axis is now fixed.

--
    myDBR Team

7. nsepetys, Member

Awesome! I appreciate you guys jumping on this.

8. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I have a similar issue which still is happening after the latest update - build 2821.

I have a MSColumnLineDY chart which looks 12 months into the future. I also link a popup report from this chart.

I find that the first couple of months the tooltips and the report linking works correctly but it gradually gets offset to the left and eventually disappears after about 6 months in the future.

Any thoughts?

Jake

select 'dbr.chart', 'MSColumnLineDY','Expected Hand Overs by Month';

select 'dbr.chart.options','imagechart'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'padding_top',20; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'title_font','Courier'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'title_color','Blue'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'title_font_size',15; select 'dbr.chart.options','showvalues',0; select 'dbr.chart.options','legend.position','bottom'; select 'dbr.chart.options','chart.scale',35; select 'dbr.hidecolumns', 'MonthStart'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'title_color','#8F0008';

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_Linked_EXPHOD','popup', 'inMon=MonthStart';

SELECT

date_format(t.Plot_ExpHOD,'%b') as 'Mon', 'Sales Value', sum(t.Plot_ExpSP) as 'Exp Sales Value', cast( date_format( t.Plot_ExpHOD, '%Y-%m-01') as date ) as 'MonthStart' FROM hilmark.tblsitesplotsjake t WHERE t.Plot_ExpHOD >= cast(date_format(now(),'%Y-%m-%01') as date)

group by date_format(t.Plot_ExpHOD,'%b') union SELECT

date_format(t.Plot_ExpHOD,'%b') as 'Mon', 'Handovers', count(t.tblContractXidJobNo) AS 'Exp HandOvers', cast( date_format( t.Plot_ExpHOD, '%Y-%m-01') as date ) as 'MonthStart' FROM hilmark.tblsitesplotsjake t WHERE t.Plot_ExpHOD >= cast(date_format(now(),'%Y-%m-%01') as date) group by date_format(t.Plot_ExpHOD,'%b')

ORDER BY 4;

9. nsepetys, Member

I've seen that type of behavior before when the imagemapping gets messed up. Not 100% if this is what you're referencing. See this post here for the explanation I was given about their demo's similar behavior.

You must log in to post.