Gantt - basics

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

having trouble getting the basics of a gantt chart, not sure what goes where in the data and also options seem to fail. Couldn't find an example online which is how i usually figure out mydbr since the doc really are quite good. I can get a gantt to appear but modifying it is proving that i don't really know what i am doing.

putting this line creates a response when report is run of Unknown table 'gantt' in field list
    select 'dbr.chart.options', gantt.scale, 30;

wondering if there is a list of how many columns the gantt chart should have and where they should go (usually i find this in an example)

if you feel i should search online (haven't worked with gantt before) and learn about gantt feel free to mention that as well

thanks

ps: mydbr was updated this morning and chardirector ver is 5.1

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

1) The gantt.scale option defines the scale of the x-axis timescale in days. If you use 30, it will be considered a month.

if you use the option string without quotation marks, database will try to interpret it as a table.column reference. So use format:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'gantt.scale', 30;

2) Gantt chat does not have columns, the axis is the timescale where the invividual elements are placed. See the example from the demo.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.