clickable chartes - Chartdirector

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

Hi,

I started down this journey as i didn't want to see the total for StackedBar chart lines as the chart was too busy (ie lines to short to display and sum of the four data points in this case is not a meaningful number). I couldn't find an example of how to suppress this info (either just the sum of values or all values) in the mydbr docs. So if you have that it might be great as i could just run the query again and put the chart data in an mydbr table beside the chart to get data, quick and dirty.

But then i got exited. While resarching came accross chart director clickable charts, and they look cool link. I couldn't find that mydbr has coded the links to create this type of chart with mydbr commands so at the moment i think i need to pass custom commands to chartdirector like it says to do for "ChartDirector native options"
    for ex select 'dbr.chart.options', 'chartdirector', '$c->chartdirectorcommand';
    It looks like this might bevery involved (compared to a mydbr chart) as may need to set chart size and a number of other options that mydbr sets automatically on builtin chart types.
    I haven't come accross an example to use this method to pick a different chart type, can you confirm if i am on the right path, any examples would be great.

Thanks very much

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can choose if you want to show the values for each series and the totals or just for totals or just or series.

Make sure you are running the latest version and build and use options:

Both series and the total:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 1;

Just series:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 'data';

Just total:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 'total';

As for clickable charts, myDBR does offer clickable charts. Just attach a linked report to the chart and myDBR will create links for you. No need for ChartDirector native commands.

--
    myDBR Team

3. john, Member

Thanks very much, that worked.
    on this page I am trying to figure out the the first two examples under "Lists as links" and specfically how the chart "Biggest populations in Europe" is done. The code is the same for both, or i am missing something.

You have this working in the "A quick report element summary" in the demo under linked reports (last 2) but can't find the button "see how this report is done" for this section.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The second example shows the horizontal list to be shown as a menu, but is missing the required parameter. myDBR will create a menu out of the list if the menuitem parameter (2nd parameter) is given to dbr.list is given.

select 'dbr.list', 'hlist', 'Select continent';

The documentation is now updated. Thanks for pointing that out.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.