Dynamically Hide Stacked Column Total/Subtotal

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are we doing? I was wondering if there is a way to hide the "Total" or subtotal value, that appears on the top of a "StackedColumn" chart, for specific columns? I am using one column to show projections that are for the last month in the chart so previous months will only show one unique value- so the "Total" value equals the part that makes up that column (so we see duplicate values for every column/month until the last column/month). I would like to hide the total or subtotal for all of the months/columns except the last month/column. Is this possible through a myDBR command? Or should I do some research into chartdirector to find that answer?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can use the 'showValues' option to choose which values to show. By default, myDBR shows both data and total values.

Do not show any values:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 0;

To show only the data values:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 'data';

To show only the total values:

select 'dbr.chart.options', 'showValues', 'total';

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Thank you for your expedient response. I am not having any luck showing only data or total values but I am a fairly sure we're a a build or two behind (current = 4.5.3 (build 2826)) so maybe that has something to do with it. I am not sure though if either of those commands will work for me since I need to show the values for both data and total for the last column. Is there anything that would help for that particular instance?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    the option was added to build 4.5.3/2832 (the current one being 4.5.4/2852).

There is no option to selectively (by series) choose if the total is shown or not. All series are treated equally. If you want to do this, the use of CD native commands is the way to go.

--
    myDBR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

Ok. I will try to go with chartdirector commands. Thank you for your assistance.

You must log in to post.