dbr.editable

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. rblanalt, Member

Hi,

If I have a report where I use dbr.editable and the user is not allowed to use the edit report then I get this error message:

Check that the edit report 'sp_DBR_xxxx' is added as a myDBR report so that myDBR ca check the permission.

If I give access to the user to the edit report, then he is able to edit the main report and he does not get a error.

I expected that if the user has no access to "sp_DBR_xxxx" he is simply not able to edit the report. I did not expect to get a error message.

Can you help?

Thanks
    ronny

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

You should get the message only when you use dbr.editable with a procedure that has not been attached as a report. Also, the particular error message is only shown to admin (who, by default, has access to all the reports).

When you add the procedure as a report, parmissions to the report determine if user can use the editing functionality.

--
    myDBR Team

3. rblanalt, Member

Hi,

If I do a edit report and add the user in the report privileges then the error is gone and the user can edit the report.
    As I can give a user access to the report it should be attached correctly or did I miss understand it?

I see the error if I am logged in as admin but via preferences do use as a normal user.

Regards
    Ronny

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The message comes up if you use the "Use myDBR as" feature as admin. It will work as expected for the actual user.

We have removed the extra message from admin.

--
    myDBR Team

5. rblanalt, Member

Hi,

Thanks I got confirmation that this problem does only appear if we use the "Use myDBR as" feature as admin.
    If the user does login normally the error does not appear, so it is not really a problem.

Thanks for the good and quick support.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can also run the updater, the issue was fixed in build 2859.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.