Pass parameter list via URL

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  • Started by mark.mccray@tbwachiat.com
  • Latest reply from myDBR Team
  1. mark.mccray@tbwachiat.com, Member

I have a report that for which I want to limit option within a parameter list. I access this report via a direct URL. Is it possibly via the URL to tack on a variable which contains valid options for a specific parameter?

I need to secure the data which is available to specific people when they access the report.

Thanks,
    mark

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Mark,
    so you call a report with direct URL and the report offers a parameter list that user chooses from?

The parameter lists are defined the same way for the direct accessed reports as they would as a report accessed from myDBR's UI. Create a parameter query that defines the possibilities. You can also offer different choises to different user based on user's login (or group, or any other data associated with the user).

Please also note that you should check the passed 'u' parameter within the report. User changeable parameters (u-parameters) can change from the URL.

--
    myDBR Team

3. mark.mccray@tbwachiat.com, Member

Ok I think I see what you mean. Would it be possible for me to create another u-parameter (which I can pass in via the url) that would be not modifiable by the user or hidden maybe so they can't see or change it, but the parameter would be available to the report?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Mark,
    if you do not want user to be able to change the parameter in URL or even change/see in the parameter display, you can use the 'p' ("protected") variable, which is included in the hash calculation and cannot therefore be changed by the user.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.