width of report paremeter

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. john, Member

I did a google search "width parameter site:mydbr.com" and searched the docs and forum. The "Autocomplete parameter" in the demo has a nice wide input box but i don't see how i can change the width of a report paramter box with an input type "Autocoplete" paramter.

thanks very much.

2. john, Member

I knew i had seen it somewhere, Click edit report, under report parameters, click dropdown under Other. on my build the table row just shows a button with no text the width of the column but when you click it you get this really cool little window, with check boxes and a couple of text feilds, one of which is width in chars. - thanks mydbr
    I think we should be able to recreate that list in a button in mydbr, I just need to find someplace i need it.

3. john, Member

Actually it is a tough ui for new users to quickly grasp as when ever i click on a text feild in the dropdown to change something it unchecks a check box in the dropdown. but it works so that is good enogh for me, it is a great use of space.

Also just a design thought, would be nice to have the information under Edit Report - Report Parameters stored with the paramter query as default values and have a per report override stored with the report. (I have over 10 reports with identical paramter query customizations/options).

I suppose the way to build that now would be to use a report as parameters, this would give me more customization options as well.... I haven't seen an input box by itself, but pageview could be used.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Also just a design thought, would be nice to have the information under Edit Report - Report Parameters stored with the paramter query as default values and have a per report override stored with the report.

John,
    did not quite get what do you mean by this. Could you rephrase your suggestion.

--
    myDBR Team

5. john, Member

did the width option move ?
    I don't see it under other, build 3064

my previous comment that wasn't understood, if you use the same prameter-user input on lots of reports and set the same title on all reports you need to duplicate the title on each report, when that might work as stored as a default (on the Parameter queries page along with the input type) with the option to override on each report. What you have works fine, i doubt demand warrants building this in.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

The width option is available for string parameters.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.