Custom/System Function for Footer Calculation

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you guys doing? Is it possible to use different mathematical formulas besides the ones documented for the footer calcs? I would like to do a median function for my footer calculations. Is that possible directly through the use of myDBR commands? If not, is there something I can do to work-around? ... The only option I am aware of manually inserting a summary row into the dataset and adjusting the CSS to make that last row the footer row.

- Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is no mean calculation available. You would have to calculate it yourself. You can use dir.calc dbr.calc to place it in the correct footer column.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

I was not able to get myDBR to recognize "dir.calc" as a command. I'm guessing that's a typo. I also tried a combination or two to output a custom median calculation using the "dbr.calc" command referencing a column which already had the median of the whole column calculated but that didn't provide the results I was looking for. I ended up just calculating the median value before the query and then outputting in the footer using the "dbr.summary.text" command. If you have the syntax to get a more custom calculated value into the footer let me know as I'm sure it would be useful for myself and potentially others in the future.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The difference between dbr.calc and dbr.summary.text is that in dbr.calc can include formulas whereas dbr.summary.text is just for text.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.