Report Paramters, suffix

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

Odd that this text was succesfully saved in the title feild but putting it the suffix feild failed - could be too long. I tried to use the "Suffix" feild to break up my long text from title feild, and saving fails with no ui notification except maybe the button looks a bit different. After failed save all report paramter customization for that paramter has been removed for the report (only tried with reports with single paramter).

I suspect it is the same sort of thing that happens when you edit a report procedure and you have an error when you click execute, the old procedure has been dropped but since you have an error the new procedure has not been written, if you don't save a valid new procudure even the most recently saved good procedure doesn't exist, that has the tabs to get you back though.
    When you click on save info in Edit Report there isn't any obvious visual feedback of success or failure (could be my user theme/skin). Better visual indication it has failed and totaly wiped out all my data would be great.

text that i pasted into suffix

, _______________Search Specefic Fields -> use % to seperate, no spaces between fields, all feilds are required.________________________Feild order->Project Number%Customer Name%Network Number%City%Address

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The suffix has length of 80 characters. We could make this longer if required.

And yes, it you have an error in the procedure code, database will not accept it. myDBR will keep the original version of the procedure behind the 'Original'-tab and the subsequent edits behind the 'History'-button, so you can pick which one to recover in case you made an error.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.