Install Error

(6 posts) (3 voices)
  1. massimopakula, Member

I've just attempted to run the install on a local machine...

Once I hit 'Continue' from the report database setup screen, I get the following error:
    Fatal error: Exceptions must be valid objects derived from the Exception base class in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/myDBR/install/model/mysql_database.php on line 224

Currently running PHP v5.3, Apache 2.0.63 and MySQL 5.1.44

Any ideas?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    most likely you have problems having access to MySQL via PHP.

The steps myDBR takes during install are:

1) Checks that the database connection is ok
    2) Checks if mydbr-database exists and if does not, offers to create one or lets user manually create one.
    3) Checks if valid myDBR-objects exists in the mydbr-database and offers to create those or lets user manually create them.

Do you get any of these or does the error happen as soon as you enter your database info?

The error you are seeing is not normal and happens when myDBR database and it's objects are being created. There is something in the environment that causes problems.

Couple of things you should try:
    1) Check that your setup allows connection to database:
    Edit the file in mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/mysql.php and try to access it (http://localhost....)
    2) If the database connection works ok, try the manual installation.

--
    myDBR Team

3. jtoole, Member

I get this same error immediately after I enter the database details.

I have done step (1) that you suggest (with the troubleshoot file) and it works fine.

I don't have access to the shell to do the manual installation. What else can you suggest? I really want to purchase mydbr, but I need to make sure I can install it first!

Thanks.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    that particular error situation should not exist, meaning the server setup is somehow causing this. What are the version you are using:

- Web server?
    - PHP?
    - ionCube?

Also, could you describe exactly what steps are needed to produce the error message?

--
    myDBR Team

5. jtoole, Member

Here are the details.

Apache 2.0 with some extra packages
    PHP Version 5.2.13
    ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.16

I can't tell you how to recreate the error because that would require posting my database details in this public forum.

In general terms, I starting doing the automatic installation. All the checks pass okay. I then put in my database details when asked. This is an existing database that contains the transactional data I want to query. Immediately after I press the Continue button, the error appears.

I edited this file: mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/mysql.php
    and tested it. It passed with no errors.

Thanks for your help!

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Try to update the ionCube loaders. Old ionCube loaders had problems with PHP exceptions. Alternatively you could run the database install script manually with a tool of your choise.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.