Pulling Javascript variable value into SQL variable

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. wattsm, Member

Hi,

I have a simple html slider whose value I need to pull into a SQL variable, is there a way that I can pass the value from the variable from the javascript into my SQL variable?

The below does not work:

SELECT 'dbr.html','<input type="range" min="0" max="10" value="5" step="1" onchange="showValue(this.value)" /> <span id="range">5</span> <script type="text/javascript"> function showValue(newValue) { document.getElementById("range").innerHTML=newValue; } </script>' ;

SET sliderres = this.value; SELECT sliderres;

I then want to use the values from these sliders as inputs into a procedure called from a button, so I need to have the JS variable information stored in the SQL variable at the point of the button click.

Thanks,
    Martin

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Martin,
    if you attach a myDBR report link to a button, myDBR creates an anchor element (<a) where the URL is in the href-attribute. You can pass the range value into the URL by replacing the corresponding parameter in the URL in your showValue-function.

There are couple of steps you need to do:

- Create the button with URL and pass an editable parameter value '<=' to it to create a placeholder
    - Change the editable parameter value to direct value, so the value is not asked again from the user when button is clicked
    - Pass the changed value to the URL when input range value changes

See example.

--
    myDBR Team

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. wattsm, Member

Thanks for the quick response guys, the described steps work and I've been able to generalise it to my report.

Thanks,
    Martin

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.