Editable Report not Showing Button

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. tardis89, Member

I'm trying to create an editable report. Currently, I'm trying to use the documentation for the "new item" in the database, but the button doesn't even seem to be showing up.

My code in the main report is below:
    select 'dbr.button', 'Add Email'; select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_email_new','newEmail[]'; select 'dummy result set for the button';

select * from blah.emaillist;

My code for the sp_DBR_email_new procedure is below:
    DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_DBR_email_new $$ CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_email_new`(inName CHAR(50), inEmail CHAR(50), inToDb tinyint(1), inReplyTo tinyint(1), inTextAlert VARCHAR(45) ) BEGIN

insert into blah.emaillist ( Name, Email, ReplyTo, TextAlert) values ( inName, inEmail, inReplyTo, inTextAlert);

select 'dbr.refresh';

END $$

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    make sure the sp_DBR_email_new-procedure has beed added as a myDBR report and that the user has been granted access to it.

--
    myDBR Team

3. tardis89, Member

Thank you! I had made a procedure for the add email report but hadn't created a MyDBR report. I didn't realize it was required.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

When you attach the linked procedure as a report, the report's permissions define who can access it. You can have users who can only see the data, while others are able to make modifications.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.