jquery dialog and dbr.report popup

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I've a situation that you may be able to pint me in the right direction to solve (I've spent several hours googling but not successful).

I've great a dashboard that has several jquery modal dialogs. All working as should.

The code to call the modal dialog is:

$('.margres').click(function () {

$('.monmarg').show(); $('.wrapper').removeClass('blur-out'); $('.wrapper').addClass('blur-in');

var url = "report.php?r=111&m=1&h=dd05b4d274d49e75db7c153f9bed819fff13e284 #showthis";

$(".monmarg").load(url).dialog({modal:true, width:dWidth, closeOnEscape: true, dialogClass:'fixed-dialogue', close: function() { $('.monmarg').fadeOut(700); $('.wrapper').removeClass('blur-in'); $('.wrapper').addClass('blur-out'); $('.monmarg').html(''); $('.monmarg').dialog('destroy'); } }) });

In some of these dialogs I loading reports that have a popup dbr.report linked to cells.

What I'm getting is that when the cell is clicked to call the pop-up, usually a parameter picker, it is hidden behind the dialog.

The z-index of the dialog is 101 and the parameter picker dialog (mydbr_popupframe ui-draggable) is 1002 so I was expecting the parameter picker dialog to be on top of the modal dialog. Both dialogs have position fixed.

For me to get at the parameter picker dialog I have to close the modal dialog but then the parameter picker dialog no longer triggers the dbr.report as it no longer in the dom.

Hope you follow that and I appreciate it is hard to help without seeing all the code but any pointers would be great.

The only way I can think of getting around this is have dbr.report as inline rather than popup.

Cheers

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    most likely what happens is that jQuery dialog creates it's on node and the myDBR parameter dialog is outside the node. Therefore the jQuery dialog's modal functionality blocks access to the parameter dialog.

You can use the non-modal dialogs if you want to use jQuery dialog.

What is the reason for using jQuery dialog directly?

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.