Create new dbr.accordions based on Query?

(4 posts) (3 voices)
  1. jw1n5, Member

I'm trying to break up a report to make it more readable. Currently I just have a 'dbr.hdr' property defined based on the ID column, which groups things nicely but depending on how much data is returned, it creates one long report that is only broken up by a 3pt line instead of a 1pt line. It'd be nice to get some more separation between these groupings though I'm not sure the best way to accomplish it. I thought having each ID as a separate accordion might be a good approach.

That said, is it possible to programmatically create a dbr.accordion for a given returned value based on the subsequent procedure/query?

For example:

select 'dbr.accordian', 'vehicle_id';

Select vehicle_id, technician_notes, notes_date
    From vh_technotes
    UNION
    Select vehicle_id, customer_notes, notes_date
    From vh_custnotes
    UNION
    Select vehicle_id, manuf_notes, notes_date
    From vh_manunotes

The resulting report is a chronological list of all notes based on vehicle ID.

Is it possible to get a dbr.accordian created for each vehicle ID? Any other common ways to break up a report into groupings by ID to make the resulting content more readable/logically separate?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What you can do, is to use dbr.pageview, to show individual vehicles in their own set.

Alternatively you can use cursor to select different vehicle_ids and then create a separate resultset for each within the cursor loop.

--
    myDBR Team

3. jw1n5, Member

Thanks. I ended up working in a cursor and that worked well

4. loydb, Member

Any chance of seeing the source for your solution?

You must log in to post.