SSO(?)-Problem with 2.7

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Linking, Member

I've just updated my System from 2.6 to 2.7.

With version 2.6 the system works fine for a couple of month.

But now after the upgrade I can't start any report. I think it is a problem with the sso-system.

At the first logon, I see the page index.php?a=login with the plain output 'Invalid URL'.

When I open the page index.php directly after this, I see the usual myDBR main site with all my reports, etc. At the top of the page I also see the correct username. When I try to start a report, always the main page opened again.

What can I do to fix this?

For a workaround, I'd like to downgrade to 2.6. Is there a chance to get this version?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    We are not aware of any problems with SSO in 2.7, so we need to see what is going on.

Can you log in using direct login? (Use index.php?a=login&local=true to bypass the SSO).

Also, if it is a could you send us some more information about the SSO you are using (use the support email address).

Going back to 2.6 is not recommended.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Linking, Member

Hi myDBR-Team,

thanks for the fast response.

After some tests and a new installation of mydbr I could state the problem more precisely now.

The problem is, that our intranet site is protected by HTTP Basic Access Authentication.

We have used so far a simple sso-solution which analysed the HTTP Authentication User and read some additional informations from an active directory to log the user in. This was also used, to create new users at the first login.

Here we got a problem with the changes in version 2.7. Is there any chance to deactivate the new feature concerning the HTTP Basic Access Authentication?

Best Regards,
    Jens

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Coming back to this one.

If you are using basic access authentication in your website this may cause an overlap with myDBR 2.7's new support for for this. We are working on a solution to allow these two to co-exists.

For the meanwhile, disabling basic access authentication should help.

--
    myDBR Team

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jens,
    we released myDBR 2.7.1 which should among other things allow coexistence of basic access authentication in web server alongside the myDBR's handling of the same thing.

Please run the update and let us know if you have any problems.

Best Regards,
    --
    myDBR Support Team

6. Linking, Member

Hi myDBR-Team,

thanks for the very fast correction. The authentication works fine now.

Best Regards,
    Jens

You must log in to post.