ImageCharts not being attached when using mail extension

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Shamgar, Member

So, according to the documentation, I believe I should be able to mail reports that include charts, and have the images included with the email. I have ChartDirector setup and working (and licensed) together with our premium version of MyDBR.

The email gets sent out and everything is right - except all of the graphs are missing. It's just blank space where the graphs should be.

Currently running 2.7.1

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    you are using the dbr.record command to attach the report? We do have a problem with image attachments with 2.7.1. We should have next version out quite soon that fixes this.

As a workaround, you should be able to use 'dbr.mail.attach' to attach the pdf-version of the report with images.

I have ChartDirector setup and working (and licensed) together with our premium version of MyDBR.

Just to make sure you do know that myDBR Premium version includes ChartDirector and that that you do not need any additional licenses?

--
    myDBR Team

3. Shamgar, Member

Ok, good to know. I'll keep an eye out for the fix on that one, as yes, I'm using dbr.record.

Hmm. No, I didn't know that it included Chart Director. You might want to clarify your documentation on that point, as it says "ChartDirector is a commercial product requiring a license." To me it read like you couldn't use ChartDirector w/out the premium version, but you also need a license for it from them.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The update is scheduled to be released later this week.

We'll update the documentation and the web site to be clear about the included ChartDirector license. Sorry for being unclear.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Shamgar, Member

The update definitely fixed this, thank you!

New question though - is it possible to leverage this to just put the list of recipients all together in a To list, instead of sending individual emails for each recipient?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Not at the moment, no. Purpose of it is to procuce personalized mails for each recipient.

In order to create just one mail, one would need to change the mail-extension a bit in order to separate the mail content from recipients. Would be quite easy to do. Feel free to take a look at it.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.