Hiding the IDs of the selected autocomplete value

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

"" inside quotes taken from this page
    http://mydbr.com/doc/content/start.userparam.html#par-autocomplete

having some difficulty here,
    I attempting to do "The ID fields will be automatically hidden from the user. "

currently the 'inotherid' parameter input box shows on screen and is populated when selection is made in autocomplete first parameter, i though i did everything right to make it hidden?

report with the user parameters
    `sp_DBR_insert_tbl_tcpiptime4`(inprojectdiscard char(30), inotherid int)

autocomplete select

select ProjectNumber, concat(left(CustomerName,19), "-", IFNULL(NetworkNumber, "*") , "-",CITY, "-",ADDRESS ), ID as 'inotherid'
    from test.projects1

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

An autocomplete parameter is a parameter that returns the choises based on user's input. If you type 'Cu' you will get parameters that you define to match the 'Cu'.

The parameter query needs to be a stored procedure with one parametet (user input string) and it needs to be defined as 'Autocomplete'.

So to make it work, change the parameter query to be a stored procedure with one parameter. You can then add the logic which parameters to show based on user input.

--
    myDBR Team

3. john, Member

Sorry my bad. Everything you said is how it was built. my last line in the autocomplete sp was select 'dbr.refresh' when i removed that the id box no longer appears.

You must log in to post.