Bug in mail extension

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

  1. maron, Member

    Hello.

    I just found a bug in the mail extension. I have been trying to send an email using smtp authentication but however much I tried the username and password would not come through.

    Here is the sql to setup the authentication:


    select 'dbr.mail',1;
    select 'dbr.mail.attach','attachment.pdf',vURL;
    select 'dbr.mail.sender','email@email.com','Email sender';
    select 'dbr.mail.smtp.user', 'myuser', 'abettersecretthanthis';
    select 'dbr.mail.smtp.server','smtp.server.com','587','tls';
    select 'myemail@gmail.com', 'My Name', 'Test smtp','Hello hello';

    This did not work. After looking through the code I realized that there is no code for dbr.mail.smtp.user in the mail extension, but for dbr.mail.smtp.authentication instead.

    My temporary fix was adding the following in extensions.php and changing user to authentication in my sql code.

    array( 'cmd' => 'dbr.mail.smtp.authentication', // LOGIN (default), PLAIN, NTLM, CRAM-MD5 'user' => 1, 'password' => 1 ),

    Can you please fix and clarify which parameter will be used, so my emails won't break on next upgrade.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. myDBR Team, Key Master

    Hi,
    the correct command for using alternative SMTP server authentication is dbr.mail.smtp.user. You can run the updater and your will work again. Thank you for pointing this out.

    The default SMTP server can be configured in Environment settings.
    --
    myDBR Team

    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. maron, Member

    Quick one thanks - can confirm this is fixed and works well now.

    Posted 2 years ago #

Reply

You must log in to post.