login in popup

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. john, Member

I have some issues with logins and popups, didn't see it posted anywhere and not sure how to code around it. using mydbr authentication

1 have report open on screen or stored in browswer.
    2 user login has timed out (or to simulate i log out in another tab/window)
    3 click on button that opens a popup
    4 since the user isn't logged in the login appears in popup
    4.5 also the theme css appears changed when login is displayed
    5 after login the page is replaced with the what ever the popup is supposed to show but since it replaced the page all the css/header/footer is gone, you can run the report as expected.

expected behaviour at step 5 the popup works as expected and browser doesn't replace current page with only data that the server expects the popup window to format

also, If the popup inserts a record and has dbr.refresh, it just keeps reloading tab and inserts records repeatedly until the tab/window is closed.

note: session lifetime hasn't worked previously on my server but i just noticed my server had wrong timezone, so setting this correctly may have fixed session lifetime. i doubt it is related.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The session should not normally terminate in middle of the user actions. Make sure your session timeout in php.ini (session.gc_maxlifetime is long enough, the default being 1440sec = 24min). The session lifetime parameter works in the limits of session.gc_maxlifetime.

--
    myDBR Team

3. john, Member

thanks changing that value seemed to make the session lifetime work (but i have it set to 99 hours I didn't test 99 hours), it lasts longer that it did at old value (24 mins).

i still have the same behaviour with popups. If there are no user inputs in the popup and all it does is insert a record and has dbr.refresh in it, it keeps inserting records until tab is closed. this is when the login screen appears in a popup window.
    let me know if you need more details.
    not sure how to capture and handle this.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can run the updater get the latest build.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.