Tooltip Animation Lag

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? We just upgraded to 4.7.1 from 4.6.4 and I am noticing that there is some new tooltip animation going on. While I appreciate the smooth transition it makes the experience a bit laggy for our larger datasets with many series and values. And since we don't display the values over the bar and line charts our users rely on the tooltips. Hovering over one value and then hovering over another value a few values down the x-axis creates a delay for the tooltip to show as the animation shows most every value along the mouse's path for a short duration.

Currently we are using Chrome (v. 54.0.2840.99 m) and Firefox (v. 49.0.2). Both of those browsers are experiencing the same lag. Is there a setting we can adjust on our end to reduce the tooltip lag?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    you can run the updater to get a smoother animation.

You can now also turn off the animation if for some reason you would not want it in a specific chart. This can be done with chart option 'tooltip_animate', 0.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Thanks for your quick responsiveness! I will queue up the update request with our network admin.

You must log in to post.