Linked Report Popup Sizing Issues

(15 posts) (3 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

I am experiencing issues with the linked report popup. The first issue seems to be that content larger than the viewing area cannot be viewed since there is no scrollbar activated.

Secondly when trying to move the linked report popup the header area expands and the report content is pushed out of view. See below examples in firefox and chrome:

Firefox (Report Name is redacted for this screenshot but is still visible on my end):

Chrome:

Help resolving these two issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    could you run the updater to see if the problem still persists after the update.

Looks like something is overriding the popup's CSS styles (or less likely you have some unexpected content shown in the header). Open the browser's debugger and inspect the popup's border to see what is causing this.

If you cannot resolve the issue, please open a support ticket.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

There is some styling (html fonting) in the title. So the problem was probably my fault to begin with. Is there a way to specify styling for the report title without affecting the popup header?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    how does your code look like where you define the html fonting for the popup title?

--
    myDNR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

This is just at the top of the popup report proc.

SELECT 'dbr.title', CASE WHEN ExportFile THEN CONCAT('dbr.purehtml:Detail Report', IFNULL(mydbr.fn_htmlfontwrapper(CONCAT('</br>', DemoDetails, '</br>', DATE_FORMAT(UserDateStart, '%b %D, ''%y'), ' through ', DATE_FORMAT(UserDateEnd, '%b %D, ''%y')), 'smallfont'), '')) ELSE '' END;

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    can you put a SQL output of the popup report to support email so we can take a look why the HTML goes through. You are running the latest version?

The dialog shows the first title (if exists) in the popup report in the header. So, if you add another title before the HTML one, that should fix the issue.

--
    myDBR Team

7. nsepetys, Member

Got it. I will try it out when our net ops guys can update our server. Thanks

8. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I'm experiencing the exact same issue?

Each time a popup loads the 'blue' space at the top gets bigger until I can't even see the start of the report or even the close, open in a window, or refresh buttons.

The initial popup looks OK but it has no vertical scrollbar and once you drag the popup the header goes like the images shown.

My popup is very simple:

[code]
    CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Bank_Detailed_Trans`(inAccID varchar(50), inStartDate date, inEndDate date)
    BEGIN
    declare accname int;

select CBAccountID from SageBankAccounts where AccountDescription = inAccID into accname;

select 'dbr.title','';
    select 'dbr.subtitle',concat('Bank Movements for ',inAccID);

select 'dbr.crosstab',5;
    select 'dbr.sum',6;
    select 'dbr.crosstab.col','Inflow','Outflow';

SELECT
    date(a.TransactionDate) as 'Date',
    a.NominalOrTraderAccountNumber as 'Acc. Ref',
    if(if(a.ChequeValue >= 0, d.CustomerAccountName,c.SupplierAccountName) is null,b.AccountName,if(a.ChequeValue >= 0, d.CustomerAccountName,c.SupplierAccountName)) as "Account Name[AccN]",
    a.ChequeDescription as 'Details',
    case
    when a.ChequeValue >= 0 then 'Inflow'
    else 'Outflow'
    end as 'Type',
    a.ChequeValue as '£'
    FROM
    SageBankPostedTrans a
    left outer join SageNominalAccount b on a.NominalOrTraderAccountNumber = b.AccountNumber
    left outer join SageSupplierAccount c on a.NominalOrTraderAccountNumber = c.SupplierAccountNumber
    left outer join SageCustomerAccount d on a.NominalOrTraderAccountNumber = d.CustomerAccountNumber

where a.CBAccountID = accname and a.TransactionDate between inStartDate AND inEndDate

order by a.TransactionDate asc;['code]

Any thoughts?

Cheers and a Happy New Year.

Jake

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    what is the version you are running?

Could open a browser inspector and see what is the HTML/CSS that is causing the popup header to grow. The title contains the dbr.title from linked report or the report name if the title is empty as in your case.

Alternatively, if your server is online, we can take a look at it if you contact support with connection details.

--
    myDBR Team

10. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I'm running the latest version.

I had a quick look with firefox browser object inspector and couldnt see anything obvious.

I'll drop you an email with log in details.

Thanks

Anthony

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

There was an issue which caused this problem on some browsers. You can run the updater to get the latest version.

Thank you for a good example helping to track this down.
    --
    myDBR Team

12. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks - that's it sorted.

Cheers

Jake

13. nsepetys, Member

Jake- you getting a scrollbar for popup content that doesn't fit the vertical space? We're having some issues with that over here on an older version. If so, I'll see if we can request from our network team an expedited update for our mydbr framework.

- Noah

14. ajdjackson, Member

Hi Noah

Scrollbars look ok to me now - I've tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Cheers

Jake

15. nsepetys, Member

Thanks sir. Will be requesting framework update now.

You must log in to post.